Programme 1: Communicating in a socially connected world
We are living in a digital, socially-connected world and undergoing a communications revolution.
- A world where what you do is far more important that what you say, and where consumers can make or break a brand.
- A world of fragmented media channels, where multi-screening is the norm.
- A world in which know we must constantly collect data but where we don’t know how best to get value from it.
- A world of perpetual beta, where your competition just launched a newer, better product from their bedroom.
This is a VUCA world – volatile, uncertain, changing and ambiguous – but this programme will inspire you, increase your knowledge and skills, and will put you one step ahead of the curve.
At the end of this programme, you will:
- Think: I recognise and understand the macro changes affecting the marketing landscape, and can identify the implications for my brand.
- Feel: I feel knowledgeable and confident to apply these learnings to my brand.
- Do: I will adopt a digital mindset and deliver more effective and efficient marketing solutions in the digital space.
The programme will help you:
- Recognise the macro changes affecting society, their impact on consumer behaviour and the implication for marketing.
- Understand how data brings offers the opportunity for more personalised, more effective, more efficient marketing.
- Appreciate how a customer-centric approach impacts all disciplines, and places Marketing at the heart of the organisation.
- Define the value of social media for insight, engagement and communications, as well as the implications for customer experience.
- Evaluate how changes in media habits and the growth in digital channels have affected integrated communications.
- Describe how technology, hyper-connectivity and the Internet of Things is impacting consumer behaviour.
- Consider the opportunities and challenges of agile, real-time marketing as part of your marketing planning.
- Understand how the traditional marketing funnel has evolved and apply to your planning.